- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the corn; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cream, water, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir into corn mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCountry Corn
"Very easy to make and colorful. I may make again and try to leave out the tomatoes to see if that changes the flavor."
"My husband and I loved this. I cut it in half because it's just the two of us and it worked well. I used regular yellow onion because it's what I had. To me it tasted very fresh and not heavy at all. Next time I may throw in some minced garlic with the onion. This one is a keeper.Update: this go-around I didn't have enough tomatoes, so I steamed some broccoli and threw it in at the end with the tomatoes. PERFECTION! This is one of my favorite sides, and it's a great way to use up leftover half-and-half."
"Absolutely delicious! Definitely a keeper!"
"Delicious! I made this exactly as written and served it with the Dilly Salmon recipe on this same site."
"De-lish!!! I will definately be making this again!!! I used one diced roma tomatoe instead of the grape tomatoes."
"This was wonderful. My son doesn't care for cream sauces, but he asked for a fourth helping!!"