"These stuffed potatoes are a favorite," says Shary Geidner from Clear Lake, Iowa. "They're an easy meal-in-one." Plus, they're a great way to use up any extra ham, chili or baked potatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise but not all the way through, leaving potato attached at the bottom. Push potatoes open and fluff pulp with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Top each with the chili, onions, mushrooms, ham and cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 815 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 2404mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 10g fiber), 50g protein.
Originally published as Couch Potatoes in Quick Cooking January/February 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.