A breakfast of cottage cheese with ketchup and pepper might seem scandalous to some, but to President Nixon it was standard morning fare. The cottage cheese in these flapjacks adds nice texture and an old-fashioned flavor reminiscent of blintzes. If you want to top them with something red, I suggest strawberry syrup.
Recommended: Our Best Pancake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cottage cheese and butter until blended. Add flour; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Pancakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p173