Cottage Cheese Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Drain; let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 340 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 1199mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Nov 4, 2013
I love this recipe. The cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese shake up the traditional recipes. Like to use shredded Parmesan!, not grated.
Feb 2, 2012
I prefer meatloaf with bread crumbs instead of oats.
Sep 12, 2010
I did not enjoy this at all. I thought it was too bland. I also didn't like the consistancy.
Jul 3, 2010
Made it on the Weber grill...AWESOME! My husband and I ate the whole thing! Molded it into a round loaf and placed in shallow round cake pan befre placing on grill....indirect heat.