- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Drain; let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCottage Cheese Meat Loaf
"I love this recipe. The cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese shake up the traditional recipes. Like to use shredded Parmesan!, not grated."
"I prefer meatloaf with bread crumbs instead of oats."
"I did not enjoy this at all. I thought it was too bland. I also didn't like the consistancy."
"Made it on the Weber grill...AWESOME! My husband and I ate the whole thing! Molded it into a round loaf and placed in shallow round cake pan befre placing on grill....indirect heat."