Cottage Cheese Confetti Salad
When I was growing up, this light but satisfying salad often took center stage as our supper during summer. My mother served it with a platter of smoked fish and good country-style rye bread with unsalted butter. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 radishes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, green pepper, radishes and cucumber.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 127 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Confetti Salad in Country February/March 2008