Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad
You can easily wedge this pretty melon salad into any meal plan. Margaret Wagner Allen of Abingdon, Virginia shares the recipe for this refreshing side that's perfect for a light luncheon. For variety, she suggests drizzling a little reduced-fat French salad dressing over the sweet combination of cantaloupe, cottage cheese, granola, raisins and nuts.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium cantaloupe, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat granola
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, raisins and walnuts. Spoon into cantaloupe wedges. Sprinkle with granola; top with kiwi. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit, 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.