Corny Vegetable Salad
Bright yellow kernels perk up this cool, crisp vegetable medley on my corny menu. Its garden flavor is unmistakable, and the dish is extremely easy to assemble. Since it needs to be chilled, you can make it the day ahead. -Nadine Brimeyer, Denver, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, broken into florets (8 cups)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (6 cups)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook corn according to package directions; drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, onions and corn. In a small bowl, combine dressing mix and sour cream; mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 90 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Aug 17, 2015
Have made this many times and its enjoyed by many. Have been asked a few times to share the recipe.
Apr 9, 2012
THE FINAL RESULTS LACKED FLAVOR. AFTER THINKING ABOUT IT, I WILL ADD CHEDDAR CHEESE IN SMALL CUBES TO SEE IF THERE IS IMPROVEMENT.