My mother received this recipe from a friend in Texas. Unlike ordinary taco fillings, this one-of-a-kind version is baked and includes corn and olives.—Mary Lannen, Milan, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chili powder to taste
- 20 taco shells
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the corn, tomato sauce, milk, olives, cornmeal, salt and chili powder. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cupful into each taco shell. Serve with toppings of your choice.