My mother received this recipe from a friend in Texas. Unlike ordinary taco fillings, this one-of-a-kind version is baked and includes corn and olives.—Mary Lannen, Milan, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chili powder to taste
- 20 taco shells
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the corn, tomato sauce, milk, olives, cornmeal, salt and chili powder. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cupful into each taco shell. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 158 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Corny Tacos in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book