Corny Potato Frittata
Here's a zesty skillet frittata that's fast, flavorful and easy to fix. It's sure to give your breakfast crowd a hearty, stick-to-the-ribs jump on busy holiday mornings.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook onions and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add potato; cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes. Add corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture. Cover and cook for 6 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Uncover skillet and place 6-in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 270 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 227mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Corny Potato Frittata in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.