Corny Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce and corn. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, onion, salt and mustard; gradually whisk in oil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with red pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 187 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Corny Lettuce Salad
""Everyone loves this light, delicious salad! I make it just about every week for my family, always keeping extra dressing on hand in the fridge. I add sliced red peppers, cherry tomatoes, black beans, and red onions and top it with southwestern tortilla chips. People are always requesting the recipe when I bring it to a gathering.""
"Delighted to find such a delicious, refreshing salad. The directions said nothing about cooking the corn, so I didn't. It was yummy!"
"Took only a few minutes to prepare and it was gone in a few minutes."