Corny Good Chili
My family loves corn so adding it to chili was a no brainer. It is great during the fall and winter.—Mary Wolfe, LaCrete, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 6-8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef, onion and celery; cook until tender. Drain. Add remaining ingredients; simmer until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 298 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 918mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Corny Good Chili in Country Woman July/August 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.