Corny Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut top off garlic head, leaving the root end intact. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl; set aside.
- 3. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and add to garlic. Add the butter, sour cream, milk and parsley; mash. Stir in the onions, corn, salt and pepper.
- 4. Spoon into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 346 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Corny Garlic Mashed Potatoes
"We love these!!!"
"Always, always, get compliments and requests for the recipe."
"amazing. have been making this for years ever since ive found this recipe. love everything about it."
"I first made this recipe for a weekly potluck/prayer meeting and it got rave reviews. People went back for seconds and thirds and there was just enough left over to fight over at lunch the next day! The roasted garlic makes all the difference. It's a bit more trouble than regular mashed potatoes, but worth every single bit of effort. Delicious!"