I developed this recipe myself a few years ago. The bacon, onion, green pepper, hominy, eggs and cheese makes it a great combination for brunch. I like to serve portions of it along with slices of toast and glasses of juice.—Pamelyn Hooley, Goshen, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and green pepper for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, hominy, sour cream and pepper; stir until blended. Pour over bacon mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 274 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 352mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Corny Eggs in Country Woman March/April 2003