Corny Bread Bake
My family used to turn up their noses at casseroles, but then I put this on the table. Everyone enjoyed the slightly spicy filling...and even asked when I could make it again!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken, cheese, corn and chilies; place in greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat baking mix, egg yolks, milk and salt until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.