Corny Bread Bake
My family used to turn up their noses at casseroles, but then I put this on the table. Everyone enjoyed the slightly spicy filling...and even asked when I could make it again!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken, cheese, corn and chilies; place in greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat baking mix, egg yolks, milk and salt until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 382 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 1054mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Corny Bread Bake in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.