VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken, cheese, corn and chilies; place in greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat baking mix, egg yolks, milk and salt until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corny Bread Bake in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p73