Corn bread is very popular in this part of the country as a complement to soup. These muffins are really easy to make and have good texture and flavor!
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center. Add the remaining ingredients; stir just until blended. Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cornmeal Muffins in Country October/November 1991, p49
Reviews forCornmeal Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2017
"Delicious cornbread muffins!!! When I first read the recipe, the Mayo threw it off at first, but went ahead and tried it! Glad I did!!! Now a new favorite!!!"