- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg and lemon juice. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Dip catfish into egg mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry fillets, two at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCornmeal-Crusted Catfish
"You can use Old bay instead of the cajun seasoning if you prefer, and use japaneze panko crumbs instead of any white flour. You can also finely food processor chop cashews or pecans for a different flavor, just watch closely to not burn the nut topping!"