Corned Beef Supper
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 small carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cabbage wedges
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots, potatoes and brisket. Combine the apple juice, cloves, brown sugar, orange zest, mustard and contents of spice packet; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add cabbage; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Strain and discard cloves; serve pan juices with corned beef and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 692 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 1918mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 9g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 17, 2019
My family loves this recipe. It's our go to corned beef dinner, and doubling the recipe ensures plenty of leftovers.
Mar 20, 2018
This was tasty, but I found it needs more cooking time - not for the potatoes, carrots and onions, but for the meat and the cabbage. Delicious. I didn't have apple juice on hand, so I used water and added half of an apple to the vegetable.
Feb 20, 2018
Could you sub dried orange peel & how much?
Sep 23, 2012
I have been making this recipe for several years. What better way to make this than in the crockpot. My boys look forward to St. Patricks day, or whenever I make this.
Mar 20, 2012
made this last night it was really good,its a keeper .will make again. my son even raved about it and he wasn't crazy about corn beef .but he liked this
Mar 17, 2012
I loved this recipe. I use a 3 lb. brisket so I tripled all of the other ingredients, cooked it for 7 hrs., and it turned out great.
Mar 14, 2012
This recipe is just outstanding! Followed the directions and it tasted perfect. I've eaten corn beef and cabbage many times, but this is by far the best. Next time I will add more liquid to the crockpot though. The apple juice gave the potatoes and carrots a wonderful taste.
Mar 11, 2012
This may be the best corn beef brisket I have ever tasted. I added a glaze (brown sugar,water and grey poupon) and baked for 30 min. in the oven after 4 hours in the slow cooker.
Mar 1, 2011
I have cooked corned beef in apple juice for many years and have shared this essence of this crockpot recipe often
Oct 30, 2010
I had never cooked a corned beef before-this was sooo easy and entirely delicious. Thanks, Dawn!