- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 small carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cabbage wedges
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots, potatoes and brisket. Combine the apple juice, cloves, brown sugar, orange zest, mustard and contents of spice packet; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add cabbage; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Strain and discard cloves; serve pan juices with corned beef and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCorned Beef Supper
"This was tasty, but I found it needs more cooking time - not for the potatoes, carrots and onions, but for the meat and the cabbage. Delicious. I didn't have apple juice on hand, so I used water and added half of an apple to the vegetable."
"Could you sub dried orange peel & how much?"
"Love this recipe have made it many times. I double up since I am cooking for 4 instead of 2. I have also roasted slowly in the oven instead of the slow cooker and it is awesome as well."
"I have been making this recipe for several years. What better way to make this than in the crockpot. My boys look forward to St. Patricks day, or whenever I make this."
"made this last night it was really good,its a keeper .will make again. my son even raved about it and he wasn't crazy about corn beef .but he liked this"
"I loved this recipe. I use a 3 lb. brisket so I tripled all of the other ingredients, cooked it for 7 hrs., and it turned out great."