Corned Beef Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 12 ounces shredded deli corned beef
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 30 sliced rye bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Thousand Island salad dressing, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss cheese. Spread over 15 slices of bread, about 1/3 cup on each; top with remaining bread. Lightly butter the outside of sandwiches. Toast on a hot griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with Thousand Island dressing if desired.
Jan 6, 2018
These sandwiches are great! I made them with diced leftover corned beef. I used the shredded Swiss cheese, but next time I will use pepperjack. I think the extra "kick" will be good. Joyce Moynihan Volunteer Field Editor.
Mar 23, 2013
Fine sandwich but this is NOT a corned beef special. A true New York or Philly deli style corned beef special is made thusly: 2 slices of really good rye bread schmeared with russian dressing, a generous layer of cole slaw, and thinly sliced corned beef, piled HIGH (anywhere from 2 to 4 inches). No cheese. No sauerkraut. Anything else is just NOT a corned beef special.
Jan 20, 2013
Was great with pepper jack cheese and mustard added also.
Mar 20, 2011
I made this years ago.. it is FANTASTIC!!! I of course love horseradish and added fresh horseradish from my back yard. I add the Thousand Island Right to the mix and since I don't like rye, I use other breads. But this mix is so fantastic that even my children like it and they don't care for sauerkraut!!!! If you love Reubens you'll probably love this too!