You don't have to wait until St. Patrick's Day to enjoy this easy Reuben appetizer. Deli meat and cheese make it doable year-round. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Recommended: 75 Comfort Foods with 5 Ingredients Max
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- THOUSAND ISLAND SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 dashes Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Dash garlic powder
- PIZZA SWIRLS:
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced lacy Swiss cheese
- Add sugar and yeast to warm milk; let stand 15 minutes. Beat yeast mixture, oil, kosher salt and caraway seeds until blended. Beat in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, just until combined. With oiled hands, place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for Thousand Island sauce; refrigerate.
- Punch down dough. To assemble pizza swirls, turn dough onto a well-floured surface; roll into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Arrange corned beef and cheese slices to within 3/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Cut crosswise into 1-in. slices. Place slices, sides touching, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cover pizza swirls with greased foil; let stand 20 minutes. Bake, covered, 20 minutes; remove foil and bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes longer. Serve warm with Thousand Island sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef Pizza Swirls in Taste of Home February/March 2018