Corned Beef ‘n’ Cheese Strata
If you like Reuben sandwiches, you'll love the flavor of this easy-to-prepare strata that's good for any meal of the day. —Anita Bukowski, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 10 slices rye bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked corned beef, shredded
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces each) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the corned beef and cheese. Whisk the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove strata from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 368 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 188mg cholesterol, 937mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Corned Beef 'n' Cheese Strata in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook