Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash
The make-ahead convenience of this deliciously different hash makes it a standby during the busy holiday season. Fresh cranberries bring sweet-tart flavor to a traditional breakfast dish.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked corned beef
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash 1 cup potatoes. Stir in the corned beef, cranberries, onion, broth, parsley, mustard, garlic, thyme, pepper, nutmeg and remaining potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in meat mixture. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 342 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips