Corned Beef and Mixed Vegetables Recipe
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 6 to 8 wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 3 to 4 ears fresh corn, halved
- 1. Place corned beef and enclosed seasoning packet in an 8-qt. Dutch oven. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, celery leaves and turnips; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add cabbage, beans and corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Corned Beef and Mixed Vegetables
"Oh my it was sooooo good!!!!!"
"This is the best ever, everyone raved about how tasty it was. Thank you."
"I made this last year (see 2/16/11 review) and my father-in-law is still talking about how good it was!"
"I am allergic to potatoes and was trying to come up with alternatives.Thanks for a wonderful suggestion."