You don't have to wait for St. Patrick's Day to serve these festive sandwiches. Your family is sure to enjoy the creamy cabbage and tender corned beef piled high on a hard roll anytime of year.
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups thinly shredded raw cabbage
- 4 kaiser or hard rolls, split
- 3/4 to 1 pound fully cooked corned beef, sliced
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seed and pepper until smooth. Stir in cabbage and mix well. Spoon onto the bottom halves of rolls. Cover with corned beef; replace tops of rolls. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef and Cabbage Sandwiches in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p9