I love Reuben sandwiches, so this recipe was a dream come true! We especially like it with my husband's homemade sauerkraut.—Susan Stahl, Duluth, Minnesota
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef, julienned
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup coarsely crushed seasoned rye crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a greased 1-1/2 -qt. baking dish, layer half the sauerkraut, corned beef and cheese. Repeat layers. Drop salad dressing by teaspoonfuls over the cheese. Arrange tomato slices over the top; dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in crumbs; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef 'n' Sauerkraut Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p70