If you like Reuben sandwiches, you'll love the flavor of this easy-to-prepare strata that's good for any meal of the day. —Anita Bukowski, Greendale, Wisconsin
Featured In: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 slices rye bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked corned beef, shredded
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces each) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the corned beef and cheese. Whisk the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove strata from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef 'n' Cheese Strata in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p173
Reviews forCorned Beef 'n' Cheese Strata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2014
"Fantastic recipe...enjoyed more than a Reuben sandwhich and so easy to fix. I also added two tablespoons of chopped dill pickle from a jar and loved it!"