Cornbread Veggie Bake
Take advantage of convenience items in this simple side dish that's only pennies a serving—and a great addition to any meal.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, 2/3 cup milk and vegetables. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, egg and remaining milk just until blended. Carefully spread over vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with onions (pan will be full). Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.