"I discovered this recipe over 30 years ago and have used it ever since," remarks Patricia Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. With just three ingredients, the corn-flavored strips couldn't be simpler. Toasty from the oven, they are wonderful with a soup or salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and corn until mixture forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10-12 times. Pat into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut into 3x1-in. strips; roll in butter.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 145 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cornbread Strips in Quick Cooking May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.