Cornbread Sloppy Joes
Purchase ready-to-eat corn bread from the bakery section in your local grocery store.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake cornbread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, corn, chiles and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Cut cornbread into six pieces; cut each piece in half. Top with sloppy joe mixture.