Cornbread Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- 1 pound mild or hot Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sage
- 5 cups crumbled yellow corn bread
- 1. In a frying pan, cook the sausage until done. Remove sausage and set aside; drain any fat. Melt butter; saute onion and celery until crisp-tender. Combine vegetables with bread crumbs, eggs, seasonings, corn bread and sausage. Stuff into a turkey or Cornish game hens; roast according to your favorite recipe. Yield: Stuffing is enough for a 12-16 pound turkey or 8-10 (1-1/2 pounds each) Cornish game hens.
1/2 cup: 426 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
"I used my MeMau's cornbread recipe and venison sauasage as alterations for this recipe and my first Thanksgiving was a total success. I was heartbroken to see this stuffing be the first of the leftovers eaten up - and I don't even generally like stuffing! This recipe is definitely staying around as a family tradition!"