- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated cornbread twists
- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Unroll and separate cornbread dough along perforations into 16 pieces. Using 10 or 11 pieces, line the bottom and sides of an ungreased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Flatten and press dough pieces together to seal perforations. Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, pepper and salt if desired. In the same skillet, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until completely set.
- In a bowl, combine the sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese and chilies. Spoon into prebaked crust. Top with remaining dough. Flatten and press together to cover top; seal edges.
- Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until top is deep golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCornbread Breakfast Casserole
"I didn't make this, but the calorie count and cholesterol figure would prevent me from even trying it."