Cornbread Beef Bake
My friend gave me this recipe one day when I was desperate for a quick yet wholesome meal. When my family knows this is in the oven, they come running!Mary Jane Ogmundson, Danbury, New Hampshire —Mary Jane Ogmundson, Danbury, New Hampshire
Total TimePrint: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, ketchup, brown sugar and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine dry cornbread mix, milk and egg just until combined. Spoon over bean mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cornbread comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 393 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Jun 9, 2012
This reminded me of a side dish. I made the cornbread in it's own 9x9 dish. It had a good taste.
Aug 11, 2008
This lady was a friend of my mother's in college, was my first grade teacher and her husband was my 6th grade teacher. :o)