Cornbread Beef Bake
My friend gave me this recipe one day when I was desperate for a quick yet wholesome meal. When my family knows this is in the oven, they come running!Mary Jane Ogmundson, Danbury, New Hampshire —Mary Jane Ogmundson, Danbury, New Hampshire
Total TimePrint: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, ketchup, brown sugar and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine dry cornbread mix, milk and egg just until combined. Spoon over bean mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cornbread comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 393 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Cornbread Beef Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Jun 9, 2012
This reminded me of a side dish. I made the cornbread in it's own 9x9 dish. It had a good taste.
Aug 11, 2008
This lady was a friend of my mother's in college, was my first grade teacher and her husband was my 6th grade teacher. :o)