- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, ketchup, brown sugar and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine dry cornbread mix, milk and egg just until combined. Spoon over bean mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the corn bread comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCornbread Beef Bake
"This reminded me of a side dish. I made the cornbread in it's own 9x9 dish. It had a good taste."
"This lady was a friend of my mother's in college, was my first grade teacher and her husband was my 6th grade teacher. :o)"