Corn with Cilantro-Lime Butter
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 12 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- Grated Cotija cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, mix butter, cilantro, lime juice and lime zest. Shape into a log; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Wrap each ear of corn with a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square).
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, cut lime butter into 12 slices. Remove corn from grill. Carefully open foil, allowing steam to escape. Serve corn with butter and, if desired, cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn with 2 teaspoons butter (calculated without cheese): 145 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 29, 2018
I made this recipe at my family cabin this summer. Turns out my family is more traditional when it comes to their corn. I didn't have fresh cilantro so I used the kind in a tube which probably made the cilantro a little more bold. However I would use this butter on chicken for sure!
Nov 23, 2014
What a great addition to my recipe file! The lime butter is so good. What it does to corn is amazing. I will not have corn with out this lime butter!
Aug 16, 2014
Loved the flavor of the corn. A good alternative to traditional.
Jun 2, 2014
May 30, 2014
I never find myself with exactly the same ingredients needed for a recipe. Once again, I had to substitute. But, thankfully Taste of Home has great inspiration to start with like this delicious butter! I used chopped jalapeno pepper in place of the cilantro. I like a little kick to my food, and the jalapeno did not disappoint! I think I'll add little bits of bacon, next time! Yum!
May 18, 2014
Great corn!! We will be making this again.
Mar 11, 2014
I used parsley instead of cilantro...one of those taste things! Very good recipe.
Jul 24, 2013
Wow! This is a keeper! Since it was just 3 of us for a casual family dinner, I just mixed the cilantro, lime juice and peel into reduced fat margarine, and it was still fantastic. (I'll use the chilled butter log for company). If you don't have any cotija, parmesan can be subbed and it really boosts the flavor.
Jul 17, 2013
This butter was a HUGE hit at my last BBQ! The tanginess of the lime and the freshness of the cilantro take this over the top. It is even good served on steaks.
Jul 16, 2013
This was a nice change from plain butter. You just want to make it when the flavor does not compete with your menu.