Corn with Basil Mustard
"Everyone will think you're a pro when you spruce up corn this way," promises Sarah Reinhardt of Plymouth, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen gold and white corn
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Prepare corn according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard and basil. Stir into corn until butter is melted.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 104 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Fancy Corn with Basil Mustard in Light & Tasty June/July 2005
Nov 1, 2009
I've made this recipe several times since I found it and its delish! my bf loves it and we both could eat it all the time! the 2nd time i made it i accidentally used 2 tablespoons of dried basil instead of a teaspoon haha and i still ate it!