Corn Tortilla Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the picante sauce, spinach, tomatoes, red pepper, tomato sauce and lime juice.
- Arrange six tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture, 1/4 cup cheese and remaining tortillas. Spread with sour cream. Top with the remaining meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 287 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 12, 2011
I make it without the spinach, but my MIL has made it with...good both ways. It makes a large amount so I have done 2 9x9 pans and frozen one. It turns out amazing every time I make it, and everyone wants seconds.