Corn Tortilla Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the picante sauce, spinach, tomatoes, red pepper, tomato sauce and lime juice.
- Arrange six tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture, 1/4 cup cheese and remaining tortillas. Spread with sour cream. Top with the remaining meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 287 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Sep 12, 2011
I make it without the spinach, but my MIL has made it with...good both ways. It makes a large amount so I have done 2 9x9 pans and frozen one. It turns out amazing every time I make it, and everyone wants seconds.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.