Corn Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine corn and a small amount of water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until corn is crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salad dressing, basil and salt. Stir in corn. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 70 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Corn Tomato Salad
"Love the flavor with the fresh basil and I bet it will be even better with fresh from the garden tomatoes. Good flavor even after refrigerating all night, but the tomatoes were not as firm."
"i'ne made this 4 almost 30 years. never used italian dressing. even made it at the restraunt and its oringinally made with ranch dressing. i submitted it 2 u several years ago. no basil. 1 bunch small, green oions 2 or 3 celery sticks,diced,1/2 oniondiced,u can double and triple recipe 4 gatherings.this is the correct recipe. and mine"