Corn Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine corn and a small amount of water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until corn is crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salad dressing, basil and salt. Stir in corn. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 70 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Apr 13, 2015
Love the flavor with the fresh basil and I bet it will be even better with fresh from the garden tomatoes. Good flavor even after refrigerating all night, but the tomatoes were not as firm.
Aug 8, 2013
I used fresh tomatoes from my garden and really liked the flavor of the corn and tomatoes together. I didn't have fresh basil so I used dried basil. I think it will be better with the fresh basil next time! So quick and easy!
May 29, 2013
This is just fantastic! easy and what a beautiful presentation. This is Christmas dinner worthy.
Apr 15, 2011
i'ne made this 4 almost 30 years. never used italian dressing. even made it at the restraunt and its oringinally made with ranch dressing. i submitted it 2 u several years ago. no basil. 1 bunch small, green oions 2 or 3 celery sticks,diced,1/2 oniondiced,u can double and triple recipe 4 gatherings.this is the correct recipe. and mine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.