Corn Taco Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4-6 serving (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- Corn chips, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add corn, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with corn chips, cheese and/or sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 271 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 977mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Aug 17, 2011
Was a good quick dinner, and I had all the things on hand, we scooped ours with Tostitos Chips!
Jul 23, 2011
I made this with leftover taco meat and the kids asked for more....a keeper
Dec 4, 2010
This was pretty good however, I have another recipe for Taco soup that I like better which is why I gave this recipe 4 stars but for timeliness you can't beat how fast this comes together. For Soup it is dry to me. It is more of a chip dip. But that is personal preference.
Mar 25, 2010
I used the hot taco seasoning really good fast and easy put it over taco chips