Hazel Holley of Samson, Alabama teams up canned corn with chopped green pepper and onion to create a fresh-tasting salad with light mayonnaise coating. The pretty mixture is especially appealing presented in a tomato shell.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Combine mayonnaise and pepper; mix well. Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cut the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard pulp). Spoon corn mixture into the tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Oct 26, 2014
It was good to me and my 2 yr old but my 10 and 8 yr old didn't care for it. I added Creole seasoning and regular mayo. Also used only mexi corn because that's what I had on hand.