I created this recipe—and haven't had any complaints yet! The peppers can be served alone as a meal or alongside pork chops, steak, hamburgers, etc. I love to cook...outside the kitchen. I enjoy crafts and writing.—Suzanne Hubbard, Greeley, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Slice tops off peppers and reserve; remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon filling into peppers and replace tops.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper: 243 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 26, 2012
We used green chilies instead of pimentos. Great recipe for a vegetarian. Flavorful, and the extra filling that fell out of our peppers made a delicious chip dip with salsa.