I created this recipe—and haven't had any complaints yet! The peppers can be served alone as a meal or alongside pork chops, steak, hamburgers, etc. I love to cook...outside the kitchen. I enjoy crafts and writing.—Suzanne Hubbard, Greeley, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Slice tops off peppers and reserve; remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon filling into peppers and replace tops.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper: 243 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Corn-Stuffed Peppers in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Jun 26, 2012
We used green chilies instead of pimentos. Great recipe for a vegetarian. Flavorful, and the extra filling that fell out of our peppers made a delicious chip dip with salsa.