Corn-Stuffed Butterfly Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, lightly beat egg and milk; stir into corn mixture. Cut a pocket in each chop almost to the bone. Stuff about 1/4 cup corn mixture into each chop; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil until browned on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add water. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 160°-170°. Discard toothpicks.
Jun 26, 2017
A great way to serve pork chops! Love the presentation!!
Apr 29, 2013
zero stars!!!! Meat was dry and tasteless!!!Corn stuffing was also tasteless!!
Nov 14, 2011
This is one of my family's favorite dishes. It also looks great as a presentation dish for company.
Nov 11, 2011
I followed this recipe exactly as described. The pork chops came out very moist and tender. My whole family loved them! Will definitely be making this again!
Apr 22, 2011
I did not like this recipe. The corn mixture was not very tasty. The pork chops came out dry and without much flavor, despite my adding additional seasonings that the recipe didn't call for.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.