- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Beat in the eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended. Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Stir in cornbread mix just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until center is almost set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCorn Spoon Bread
"This was easy to make and flavors blend well for a delicious side dish that's not to sweet and full of flavor. It is now the family's new favorite. My son eats this as a snack all day long if there are any leftovers. This can also be made in the oven."
"I just made this for my mom's birthday dinner, and it instantly became our new favorite recipe. The flavors are well balanced (not too sweet or salty), and the corn bread and cream cheese make it a rich and savory textured mouthful. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to regular creamed corn after this! A warning: While cooking, the center looks undercooked, but it's just right. Don't over cook to give it more color."