My family really enjoys these hearty scones—they're a nice change from the usual muffins and biscuits. They're nice to have on hand for when unexpected company drops in...which seems to be often!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, mustard and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, corn and eggs until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto a floured surface, kneading gently 10-12 times or until dough is no longer sticky. Roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. or 3-in. cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 394 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.