I grow my own tomatoes, peppers, garlic and herbs to use in all of my cooking. Fresh ingredients make this salsa special. My recipe ideas come from combining foods I've enjoyed.—Dave Fisher, Ten Mile, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon juice from pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill for several hours.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 29 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Corn Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.