This creamy and colorful salad is an ideal accompaniment to sandwiches, chicken or steak. The jalapeno and crushed chips add a touch of Southwestern appeal. Thanks to Jennifer Soapes of Harrison, Arizona for sharing the recipe!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chili cheese corn chips, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with corn chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 287 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 8, 2011
Very good and easy! I use Doritos instead of corn chips and use canned corn. This is very versitle, don't really need to measure and you can make as little or as much as you want. It is always a hit whenever I make it.