- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1- minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper and green onion in oil until tender. Stir into rice. Add the corn. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCorn Rice Medley
"Nice side dish."
"I think part of a good recipe is being a decent-good cook and tasting the product before you serve it! I have made this recipe twice now and each time it gets better. I do add some fresh garlic and salt and pepper for seasoning and it's VERY good! A great side dish to have and the ingredients are definitely most staples that people already have in their pantry. It goes great with the apricot chicken!"
"Good and tasty, this simple rice makes a nice companion to a flashier main dish. We had it with chicken and it was very good."
"No one in our family liked it. They all said it was quite bland and they kept adding hot sauce. They (all 6) told me not to bother making it again. Boring."
"Very easy to made and delicious recipe.