- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn or 1 can (17 ounces) whole-kernel corn
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sliced okra or 1 package (16 ounces) frozen okra
- 3 peeled, chopped tomatoes (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, optional
- Saute pepper and onion in oil for 5 minutes. Add corn and okra; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, salt, pepper and Tabasco, if desired; mix thoroughly. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCorn Okra Creole
"We found this to be very bland. Not sure how to give the dish more flavor, but I'm in no way inclined to make it again to find out."
"I've never liked okra before, but this dish turned out really good! Leftovers reheat well."